Great Perhaps (Looking for Alaska playlist and stuff)




Credits to who ever owns the photos from above


If you'll ask me whether Looking for Alaska or The fault in our star. I'll probably choose Looking for Alaska. (Okay chill down. Don't get me wrong I love TFIOS too). I did cry on both of them and they both gave me adrenaline rush. From "Pudge" and Alaska Young to Hazel Graze and Augustus Waters. FEELS! Ya feel me. 

I can imagine the face you guys are putting on while reading this. And most of you would probably ask me why did I chose Looking for Alaska.  But why Looking for Alaska? Exactly. 
To be honest I didn't thought Looking for Alaska would be that great as TFIOS. I was completely bored at it at first but I could not stop myself from reading it. While I go to the next chapter and so the story becomes a treasure. And at last I got in to it and my heart sunk in. And I fell in love with it!


LOOKING FOR ALASKA!

Maybe I did like it because I'm more a like to Pudge and I can relate with the whole thing. Except there's no actual death. I feel quite mentally vulnerable towards it. I was thinking it's like one day you have it and then the next day the thing that became a part of you had gone without any prior notice.

Sometimes we all take things for granted (Not Pudge of course). And we only realize how much it meant or how important it was to us once it's gone. People often see us by the way we express or show emotions through the outside. And it's not always like that.

The fault in our stars was about living in between life and death. And looking for Alaska was about escaping through problem (Alaska's favorite last word/s "Damn it, how will I ever get out of this labyrinth"?
-Simón Bolívar) and death. But what like Robert Frost said, "The only way out is through".

John Green did an outstanding job on this two. Don't get me wrong but with his other books as well. 
Thank you John Green for bringing your books to us! 



Here's my Looking for Alaska playlist. Enjoy!
Not in order though

There Is A Light That Never Goes Out- The Smiths
I will follow you into the dark- Death cab for cutie
Runaway- The National 
Between the bars- Elliot Smith
Be The Song- Foy Vance
Shell Suite- Chad Valley 
Falling in love at a coffee shop- Landon Pigg
Two Doors Down- Mystery Jets
Oh Pretty Woman- Roy Orbison
I've just seen a face- The Beatles
You Sexy Thing (I Believe in Miracles)- Hot Chocolate
Naive- The Kooks
Razor Blade- The Strokes
I need you- The Beatles
Turning Page- Sleeping at last
Landslide- Smashing Pumpkins
Such great heights- Iron and Wine
Baby you're my light- Richard Hawley
Flightless Bird- American Mouth
Skinny Love- Bon Iver
Pale Blue Eyes- The Velvet underground
Obvious Bicycle- Vampire Weekend
In my life- The Beatles


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.